So you like fashion, but you can't bring yourself to work for a fast fashion retailer? My friends, it's good of you to come to us. As we grow, we're always looking for outstanding (and a bit weird) individuals to join our team.
Director of International Sourcing (Cambodia-based)
Our Director of International Sourcing will be the point of contact for all artisan groups who produce MadeFAIR clothing and accessories. This position is for a 6 month placement (with the opportunity to be indefinite) and reports directly to the Founder and is based in Cambodia.
- Maintain regular communications with Cambodia partner organizations.
- Coordinate wholesale shipments with marketing calendars.
- Track all outgoing packages to the USA.
- Frequent national travel to Sihanoukville, Kampot, Battambang, Takeo, Siem Reap, and the possibility of travel throughout SE Asia.
- Quality control for all outgoing items, and arranging the exchange or return for defective items.
- Source textiles and manage their construction within third party artisan workshops.
- Work closely with organizations to ensure all artisans are treated ethically and compensated fairly.
- At least one year living and working in Cambodia required.
- Conversational Khmer language skills HIGHLY preferred.
- English fluency.
- Must exhibit patience when working with people who speak English as a second language or none at all.
- Accepting and respectful of traditions that are different than yours.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work autonomously.
- Experience using Excel to record budgets.
- A discerning eye for fashion.
- MadeFAIR will provide accommodation during work-related travel, as well as a $10 per diem (e.g. 1 week = travel + accommodations paid + $70).
- Opportunity to immerse yourself in one of ethical fashion’s hubs while learning a new language and seeing as much of Cambodia (and possibly SE Asia) as possible.
- $500 per month base salary, before travel.
- Travel (incl. emergency medical) Insurance included.
Please note: we will not cover travel expenses to Cambodia
Please include an updated resume that highlights any experience directly applicable to a position in sourcing and/or supply chain management in Cambodia. We will not consider applicants who have not spent a significant amount of time in the country.
Please answer these questions as best you can in the body of your email:
- What are the pros and cons of using each shipping carrier available in Cambodia?
- What's the most cost-effective way to get to Siem Reap from Sihanoukville in June?
Be sure to include any links to social media profiles that support your interest in fashion (e.g. Pinterest, Polyvore, Wanelo, etc)